Sunday, December 2, 2007

Final Four Possibility




I know it is way too early in the season to be discussing the Final Four. However a comment was posted asking me my thoughts on the possibility of this team going to the final four so heres my opinion. I think the only thing that would make me question the possibility of this team going to the final four would be if they met Pat Summit's Tennessee Lady Vols. I think the number one team in the nation has really separated itself from the rest of the field. I'm not saying that this team can't beat Tennesse because trust me, if they played their best game and caught Tennessee not playing theirs, it could happen. But if Marist played Tennessee 10 times, they would probably take 1 or 2 of those games. Brian Giorgis is an amazing coach and after playing Tennessee last year Marist would not nearly be as intimidated a second time around. That isn't the answer you want, but it is the answer to what would happen next time Marist met Tennessee. When this team is at its best it can beat anyone else in the country. We saw it last year and we can definitely see it again this year. They are even more talented this season and are seasoned now when it comes to tournament time, so I feel the girls would have loads of confidence their second time around. Like last year, I definitely think this team could make a strong run at the Final Four. Tennessee would be a real difficult obstacle, but if they are not in the way, I think Marist has a strong chance at being one of the last 4 teams standing in April.

1 comment:

Louie Monkey-Pest said...

I think you are right. The Red Foxes are now starting to get ( as Aretha Franklin would sing) R-E-S-P-E-C-T